BZU PAGES: Find Presentations, Reports, Student's Assignments and Daily Discussion; Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan Right Header

Register FAQ Community Calendar New Posts Navbar Right Corner
HOME BZU Mail Box Online Games Radio and TV Cricket All Albums
Go Back   BZU PAGES: Find Presentations, Reports, Student's Assignments and Daily Discussion; Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan > Welcome to all the Students > Daily News And halat-e-hazra > Tech world

Tech world All news and information about latest technology

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 09:55 PM

Contact Number: Removed
Program / Discipline: BSIT
Class Roll Number: 07-15
.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab may cost $399 with contract

bout a month ago Samsung announced that the Tab was coming to all four major US carriers. We have been waiting for some pricing and availability info and it looks like TmoNews found more details on the T-Mobile Galaxy Tab, particularly the $399 subsidized price. The $649.99 no-contract price (probably still locked to T-Mobile USA) seems a bit high for a tablet form factor half the size of a $629 3G iPad. While $399 also sounds reasonable, we don’t yet know what the monthly wireless cost will be and if it is like the typical carrier netbooks we will see something like $50+ per month just for the data.

Name:  T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab.JPG
Views: 771
Size:  19.1 KB

I am happy with my WiFi Apple iPad and just don’t find the need to have a 3G data connection with a tablet form factor device. If I am out and about then I have a powerful smartphone with me and don’t see the need to such a large form factor device. Then again, the Samsung Galaxy Tab does look like a pretty compelling tablet with the following specs:
  • T-Mobile HSPA wireless data access
  • Android 2.2 operating system
  • 7 inch mult-touch 1024×600 display
  • Qik video chat with 1.3 megapixel front facing webcam
  • Rear facing 5 megapixel camera
  • microSD card reader
  • 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • HDMI out (via Dock)
  • Weight of 1 lb
  • Social Hub support with movies and TV episodes
As you can see on the TmoNews page there is a comparison with the iPad 16GB with the key differences being the removable memory, flash in browser support, weight (that is because it is much smaller), cameras, and operating system. The only major missing feature in the iPad for me is the camera for video chatting.

¸.*´¸.*´¨) ¸.*´¨)
(¸.*´ (¸.
Bzu Forum

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

Tags
$399, contract, cost, galaxy, samsung, tab, tmobile