BZU PAGES: Find Presentations, Reports, Student's Assignments and Daily Discussion; Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan Right Header

Register FAQ Community Calendar New Posts Navbar Right Corner
HOME BZU Mail Box Online Games Radio and TV Cricket All Albums
Go Back   BZU PAGES: Find Presentations, Reports, Student's Assignments and Daily Discussion; Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan > Welcome to all the Students > Alumni/Careers/Jobs

Alumni/Careers/Jobs Special Discussion forum for x Graduate students of University...

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 10:12 PM

Contact Number: Removed
Program / Discipline: BSIT
Class Roll Number: 07-15
.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute
Announce Summer Internships for BSc and MSc Students

Summer Internships for BSc and MSc Students

The School of Computer and Communication Sciences provides internship opportunities in the Summer period for students enrolled in BSc, MSc, or equivalent programmes in Computer Science or Engineering, Telecommunications, or Electrical Engineering. Internships are assigned competitively to students with excellent academic results.
During a period of at least two months and including the whole month of August, internship students get the chance to learn new skills and to gain hands-on experience in their chosen field while working personally with leading senior scientists. Participating students will work in a research unit, typically to solve problems which are usually part of major research efforts. Often, this will lead to performing challenging programming or design tasks to prove new concepts. Being an intern at EPFL is a highly motivating learning and working experience in a competitive research environment, but it is also a great way to get familiar with another culture, to start building a network of connections in Switzerland, and to get prepared for a global career! And, last but not least, it is a chance to spend some months in a region rich of natural attractions and offering a multitude of leisure opportunities.

PRACTICAL STEPS DATES (every calendar year)
Application by the student Before 15th FEBRUARY
IC decision on acceptance End of FEBRUARY or beginning of MARCH
Beginning of internship Usually after 1st MAY
End of internship Usually before 1st SEPTEMBER

The minimum duration of an internship is two months but longer stays are strongly encouraged. The exact duration depends on the availability of participating students and on the agreement of the hosting laboratories. It is strongly recommended that the internship period includes the whole month of August to enable participation in some programme-wide activities.
Internships require full-time commitment (~40 hours/week). Therefore, participating students cannot attend another summer school or commit to other activities that could interfere with their work schedule.

WHO CAN APPLY?
  • Applicants must be enrolled in a 3- or 4-year BSc programme or a 1- or 2-year MSc programme (or equivalent undergraduate programmes). Students enrolled in PhD programmes are not eligible.
  • Students in Indian institutions should submit their applications to the dedicated programme.
  • The BSc or MSc programmes must be in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Communications, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field.
  • Applicants, at the time of application, must be currently enrolled in the 2nd year BSc or above (therefore, they must have successfully completed their 1st study year of the BSc).

WHAT'S ON OFFER?
  • Scholarships: CHF 1,600.- per month (CHF 400.- per week).

HOW TO APPLY?

MORE INFORMATION?
  • Please check the the FAQ below and write us if you cannot find the information you search.

HELP ADVERTISING?
  • Please write us to receive an A2 poster or download the PDF file.
Frequently Asked Questions

"I will complete my MSc before this year summer break. Am I eligible for Summer@EPFL?"

Unfortunately not. To be eligible, you must be still enrolled in a BSc or an MSc programme at the time of the internship.

"I am a PhD student. Is there any way to come to EPFL for my summer internship?"

Yes, certainly, but not through the Summer@EPFL programme. You need to organize your internship yourself, and for that you may want to contact researchers or faculty directly. If you decide to do that, be sure to include enough detail on yourself and on your specific interests on the research work of the lab--vague and generic letters have very small chances of success.

"Will you help with accommodation? Will I receive accommodation from EPFL?"

You will not receive accommodation on campus because there is none, and in principle you will be in charge of the accommodation. Yet, when offered an internship, the administrative personnel will almost invariably suggest a list of places where to look for it (billboards, student residences, etc.) or they may even find and offer you a place to stay. Finding an accommodation is not very easy in Lausanne, but do not worry: it is never a critical problem for an internship.

"Can I see the list of projects? Can I choose my project before applying?"

There is no list of predefined projects and therefore there is no way to choose a project in advance. Projects are suggested by the faculty directly to admitted candidates and can be discussed directly to find the best match between your research interests and the faculty goals. You should choose carefully your interests in the application web site, because this will be important information for the faculty in the selection process.

"What documents shall I send with my application?"

When you apply on the web, you receive a mail with a link to upload two documents: a CV and your transcripts. Transcripts can be in any form your university provides them and should cover the whole of your academic career (BSc and, if applicable, MSc so far). If you only have them in paper copy, please scan them. The only format we support is PDF.

"Are students from Indian universities eligible for this programme?"

No. EPFL has a special programme for Indian students (see the relevant web site) and students from all IITs and IIIT Allahabad must apply there.

¸.*´¸.*´¨) ¸.*´¨)
(¸.*´ (¸.
Bzu Forum

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened
Old 05-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Warning!: Computer Maniac

Location: In Umer Hall. Permanent Address : Zahir Pir, RYK, Punjab.
Contact Number: Sorry. You can contact me through email... Thanks!
Class Roll Number: 07-45
!!Ahmad Mushtaq!! has a spectacular aura about!!Ahmad Mushtaq!! has a spectacular aura about!!Ahmad Mushtaq!! has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Summer Internships for BSc and MSc Students

but I think students from Pakistan cannot apply for it! Am I right?

Old 05-02-2009, 10:47 PM

.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute

In submission forum there is an option for country selection..
You can submit your form as Pakistani..

¸.*´¸.*´¨) ¸.*´¨)
(¸.*´ (¸.
Bzu Forum

Old 05-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Warning!: Computer Maniac

Location: In Umer Hall. Permanent Address : Zahir Pir, RYK, Punjab.
Contact Number: Sorry. You can contact me through email... Thanks!
Class Roll Number: 07-45
!!Ahmad Mushtaq!! has a spectacular aura about!!Ahmad Mushtaq!! has a spectacular aura about!!Ahmad Mushtaq!! has a spectacular aura about

oh great! But it is in china! Too far!

Old 05-02-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!Ahmad Mushtaq!! View Post
oh great! But it is in china! Too far!
No not in China.. It is Switzerland . Money tu milay gi na ... Aur free ki Sair bhi ho ja ay gi..

¸.*´¸.*´¨) ¸.*´¨)
(¸.*´ (¸.
Bzu Forum

Tags
bsc, internships, msc, students, summer