View Single Post
Old 22-06-2008, 01:30 AM

Contact Number: Removed
Program / Discipline: BSIT
Class Roll Number: 07-15
.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute.BZU. has a reputation beyond repute
Default [Showbiz News] 21 June 2008 Bollywood

Name:  vinay3.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  5.4 KBVinay Pathak to share screen with SRK in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi:

His comic timing has been fantabulous. Witty, smart, adorable, and talented, Vinay Pathak is all this and much more. After his stint in Bheja Fry directors and producers are lining outside his house and Bollywood Hungama can say this looking at the number of films he has already signed.

In addition to all that, he now has another film in the Yash Raj Film's camp after Aaja Nachle. Vinay will now appear in Aditya Chopra's Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. "Yes, I have signed Aditya Chopra's Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi in which I will be playing an important role. But I cannot divulge into any details as the director and producer have clearly asked me not to do so. And I really cannot break a promise", states Vinay.

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi will be Aditya Chopra's directorial venture after 8 years. The film has Shah Rukh Khan and debutante Anushka Sharma. His last film was Mohabbatein. On the other hand, Vinay Pathak has a release next Friday's (June 27) titled Via Darjeeling.

Name:  lata1.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  4.7 KBLata Mangeshkar to receive One Time Award for Life Time Achievement: 4 top film personalities will be conferred with the 'One Time Award for Life Time Achievement' honour to commemorate the 60th anniversary of India's independence. These include noted veteran playback singer Lata Mangeshkar, thespian Dilip Kumar, filmmaker Tapan Sinha and Kannada film actress Saroja Devi.

Since Tapan Sinha is not in the best of health, the Governor of West Bengal would confer the award to him at his residence in Kolkata along with I & B Minister Priya Ranjan Dasmunshi. President of India, Pratibha Patil would be honoring the remaining 3 personalities at a later date. While Lata Mangeshkar and Dilip Kumar really need no introduction, filmmaker Tapan Sinha is mostly known for his films like Kabuliwala, Uphaar and Safed Haathi. On the other hand, Saroja Devi is a popular actress down South having acted in quite a few Tamil, Malayalam, and Telugu films in the 50's and 60's.

Name:  nana1.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  5.9 KBThe significance of being Nana Patekar:
He's an insatiable traveler. And makes no bones about the fact that life is a journey to collect material for the roles he plays. "Acting, earlier in dramas then films, has always been a passion. And now there's a shooting of another kind. I won a bronze medal at the state level for my gun-shooting. So I enjoy both the shootings. Whatever I do I've to do with equal passion. Even if I'm hanging up curtains I've to make sure they hang well," Nana chuckles.

He divides his time between Mumbai and Pune. "I like to travel. I like to meet people. It helps me grow as an actor. I feel I'm now enjoying my work much more than before. I thoroughly enjoyed my work in Apaharan and Taxi No 9211. And of course Bluff Master was great fun. He was a weird kind of villain."

Nana is the happiest while talking about his son Malhar. "He's interested in cinematography, direction and writing. Since I'm doing a film with Rohit Shetty for Ramesh Sippy. He may come there with me to assist Rohit. He has already assisted Amol Palekar and Chitra Palekar on two different projects. And Malhar is an amazing dancer. You know what an amazing dancer I am?" Nana is at his ironical best. "I've left a choice of career to him. When I started, I had to think of everything including a buying a house. Malhar can take it easy. He can do what he wants. All I want him is to have the right values."

Nana is gung-ho about Gautam Ghose's Yatra. "After a long time I've done a role in Yatra I'm happy about. I loved working with Gautam Ghose. I worked with Rekha and Gautam for the first time. For many years I kept abusing and accusing Gautam of not working with me in Antarjali Yatra. I've been wanting to work with him for a very long time. The minute I heard the script of Yatra I told him I won't charge him a single penny. I gave him 40-50 days and didn't charge anything."

He admits he had a bit of a run-in with Akshay Kumar during Welcome. "These things happen. Why play it up? Akshay is a very good boy and he's working hard. If I'm angry I'll abuse in the face, and finish with my fury. It was between two individuals. Nowadays even before anything happens, the media is informed."

He chuckles. "Let's talk about more pleasant things. I've a suspense thriller with Sangeeth Sivan with Bobby Deol. Dekh lo pataa chalega kya hai. Bobby is such a sweet guy. He has taken after his father. Kamaal ka parivar. Sangeeth was a pleasure to work with. He's very clear about what he does. I'd love to work with him again. All in all, I'm very happy with life. God has given me a great life. Great friends?Aur kuch nahin chahiye?Now let me see what I can give to people. "

Tell him all his directors like to repeat him and he counters, "Listen, I give a hundred percent of myself to my work. Acting isn't work for me. So naturally that passion is understood and appreciated by filmmakers."

Nana has one policy in his career. "Once I've completed the dubbing and shooting of a film I like to move on. Whether people like it or not, is in no one's hands?I'm happy with my life, mother, son and my wife?My wife and I aren't divorced. She's more a friend now than a spouse. We meet every day. Whatever I'm today is because of her. When I wanted to become an actor she was working in a bank and let me do whatever I wanted."

Name:  detaali1.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  8.7 KBB.O. update: 'De Taali' best in Mumbai, 'HED' & 'Khushboo' poor:
DE TAALI opened to a decent response at multiplexes of some major centres, especially in Mumbai. But at most single screens and also at several centres, the opening was way below the mark [15% to 20%]. The film is not likely to sustain since the appreciation is missing? The much-publicized HAAL-E-DIL opened to a poor response everywhere. The opening was 10% to 15%, at places even lower. Again, appreciation is missing? KHUSHBOO has also opened to a lukewarm response. Its opening was 10%, at places lower.

[UT="Deaali Movie review and Comments"]h0BT_0aozmk[/UT]

¸.*´¸.*´¨) ¸.*´¨)
(¸.*´ (¸.
Bzu Forum

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened