View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
.BZU.
Islamic ✿ Revive A Sunnah ⇨ "Before, During & After Eating" ✿

✿ REVIVE A SUNNAH ⇨ "BEFORE, DURING & AFTER EATING" ✿
Name:  Praising Allah after eating.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  38.5 KB
How many times you eat per day? 2 - 3 meals per day & night? Is there any snack time in between? Guess what !!! By applying these wonderful sunnah on eating... again... many rewards you will get. MashaAllaah !!!

Sunnahs Before & During Eating:

1 ➲ Mentioning Allah’s name.

(Pronounce the Tasmiyah: "[ÈöÓúãö Çááåö] ~ "in the name of Allah")

2 ➲ Eat with (using) the right hand.

3 ➲ Eating from what is (placed) in front of the eater.

These Sunnahs are gathered in this hadith:
"O boy, mention Allah’s name, use your right hand and eat from what is (placed) in front of you." [Muslim, The Book of Drinks, Hadith 2022]

4 ➲ Rubbing the bite, if it falls, and eating i

The hadith:
"... if a bite falls from anyone of you, he should rub the dirt off it, then eat it…." [Muslim, The Book of Drinks, Hadith 2034]

5 ➲ Using three fingers in eating

The Prophet (PBUH) used to eat using three fingers. [Muslim, The Book of Drinks, Hadith 2032]

This is what he (PBUH) often did and this is better, except when necessary.

6 ➲ The way one sits while eating

Kneeling on his knees and the upper face of his feet, or extending the right leg and sitting on the left one, this is the preferable as stated by Al-Hafedh in “Al-Fat’h”.

Sunnahs after eating:

1 ➲ Licking the dish and the fingers

The Prophet (PBUH) ordered (us) to lick the fingers and the dish and said:
"you do not know in which of them the blessing lies." [Muslim, The Book of Drinks, Hadith 2033]

2 ➲ Praising Allah after eating

(Allah is satisfied with the slave, who eats a meal, then praises Him for it). [Muslim, The Book of Drinks, Hadith 2734]

One of the Prophet’s (PBUH) supplications after eating:

ÇáúÍóãúÏõ áöáóøåö ÇáóøÐöí ÃóØúÚóãóäöí åóÐóÇ ÇáØóøÚóÇãó æóÑóÒóÞóäöíåö ãöäú ÛóíúÑö Íóæúáò ãöäöøí æóáóÇ ÞõæóøÉò

(All praise is to Allah, Who Has fed me and provided me with this without any strength or power on my part).

The fruit of this supplication: (all his precedent sins are forgiven)

[At-Tirmidhee, The Book of Supplication, Hadith 3458; Ibn Majah, The Book of Food, Hadith 3285; Shaykh Al-Albanee graded the naration as good]