View Single Post
Old 25-10-2011, 08:25 PM

Feel The Difference

Contact Number: See my signature at the end of my posts
Program / Discipline: MIT
Class Roll Number: MITF12A006
Salman Mushtaq has a reputation beyond reputeSalman Mushtaq has a reputation beyond reputeSalman Mushtaq has a reputation beyond reputeSalman Mushtaq has a reputation beyond reputeSalman Mushtaq has a reputation beyond reputeSalman Mushtaq has a reputation beyond reputeSalman Mushtaq has a reputation beyond reputeSalman Mushtaq has a reputation beyond reputeSalman Mushtaq has a reputation beyond reputeSalman Mushtaq has a reputation beyond reputeSalman Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mismanagement and Ir-regulation in the BS (Hons) Accounting and Finance Degree

BZU ‘sleight of hand’ imperils students future

The administration of Bahaudden Zakariya University (BZU) continues to swindle the students of four-year BS (Hons) Accounting and Finance as the advertisement and prospectus offer them the abovementioned degree but when they pass out they’re given the degree of a two-year course, The Nation has learnt.
The varsity issues BS Accounting and Finance degree with the word “Honors” missing on it. The cost of this missing word is to be paid by the students, who cannot get any job because.
“Neither any university nor institution and even Higher Education Commission, Federal as well as Provincial Public Service Commissions recognize our degree as a master’s programme,” lamented Muhammad Shoaib, who passed out 2006-2010 session.
“The pass-outs of at least two sessions have fallen prey to this fraud while the students of third session are the next victims if nothing is done to address this issue,” he warned. He disclosed that although the equivalence committee of BZU issued a notification on consistent protest of students, declaring BS (Hons) Accounting and Finance equal to MCom, the HEC declined to accept it. “The HEC says that the university is no more a competent authority to issue equivalence,” he added.
When contacted, the teacher In-charge of the Commerce Department Malik Allah Bukhsh’s reply was ironic.
“I am oblivious of this issue. I can tell you anything after reviewing the record of the department,” he added. When he was told that he is the sitting head of the department, he said: “Oh yes! two students approached me and told some story like this. Come to my office and I’ll discuss it with you.”
On the other hand, the students told this scribe that initially the varsity issued BS (Hons) transcripts to the students without mentioning Accounting and Finance on it, and when the students complained against it another result card of BS Accounting and Finance was issued to some.
“It’s injustice. Rather I’ll describe it as a fraud. Even though we’ve passed out, we can’t apply for any job as the BZU is not issuing us appropriate result cards,” said a just-passed-out student of B.S. (Hons) Accounting and Finance 2006-2010 session and added: “The B.S. Accounting and Finance can’t be equivalent to B.S. (Hons) Accounting and Finance whatsoever. The B.S. transcripts show that we’ve done a two-year degree while in fact we’ve qualified a four-year one.”
Sources confided to this scribe the varsity offered admissions to B.S. (Hons) Accounting and Finance degree first time in 2004 by advertising it in the prospectus despite the fact thata its notification was not issued at then. About 56 students got admission to the course followed by almost as many admissions next year.
The students claimed that they contacted the then sitting chairman of Department of Commerce Dr. Mujahid and apprised him of their ordeal, but to no avail. “We submitted an application with the Chairman office on October 16, 2008 and then another one with the Vice Chancellor’s office on October 21. But despite lapse of over three years nothing has been done to address our grievance,” they added.
They said that their parents were highly worried about their future. “The parents of each student have spent about Rs. 1.20 lac on the education of their son or daughter but their future is bleak due to the bureaucratic behaviour of university,” they added.
When contacted, Dr. Mujahid admitted that ‘some kind of discrepancy’ was found in the system. “I don’t know how the B.S. (Hons) Accounting and Finance degree was launched as the department had B.Sc. notification at then,” he added.
The students and their parents have become highly concerned after learning about the issue and they have demanded of the Governor Punjab Latif Khose, who is also the chancellor of BZU, to take notice of their ordeal and direct university authorities to issue appropriate degree and pursue their case at HEC for equivalence.

SALMAN MUSHTAQ

MOB:0333-7465571
Email: mani@bzupages.com
Note:
For Merit Lists click here !

Merit Lists of BZU
Merit List Distance Learning Education 2012