View Single Post
Old 22-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Warning!: Computer Maniac

Location: In Umer Hall. Permanent Address : Zahir Pir, RYK, Punjab.
Contact Number: Sorry. You can contact me through email... Thanks!
Program / Discipline: BSIT
Class Roll Number: 07-45
!!Ahmad Mushtaq!! has a spectacular aura about!!Ahmad Mushtaq!! has a spectacular aura about!!Ahmad Mushtaq!! has a spectacular aura about
Angry Sorry! BZU Internet Policy does not allow access to this page!

Assalam-o-Alaikum!

Hello friends! Today was the Announcement of BS-IT 2007-11 result among other classes! Well you know what happened! Nothing special!

So I decided to use internet in Central Library. I was very dissapointed to see that some websites are being blocked by the BZU main server which we all know is located in our department.

This page appeared when I wanted to visit a geocities website.

Geocities is being blocked because it is in Private Homepages Category.

In the same way the famous website YouTube is also being blocked because it is TV/Entertainment Category!

I am totally against it! They are using automatic software (Panda Security) to block these websites as we all know that these websites are also very useful for education.

If they are blocking Geocities then how we gonna build websites?

If they are blocking YouTube then how we gonna watch many Islamic, Scientific and other informative videos?

Department of Computer Science should manually block all the non-apropriate pages. Note: I am saying 'Pages', not websites. Pages are different from Websites.

They should learn something from Saudi Arabia. They are also blocking non-apropriate pages but are not blocking the whole website!

My request to the Chairman of the Computer Science Department is this that "Please have some action on this type issue
"

Please give me some of your valuable time by leaving comments! Thanks alot!