View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 03:23 PM

Contact Number: Push me a PM if you really need
Program / Discipline: Alumni
Class Roll Number: ---
thecool has a reputation beyond reputethecool has a reputation beyond reputethecool has a reputation beyond reputethecool has a reputation beyond reputethecool has a reputation beyond reputethecool has a reputation beyond reputethecool has a reputation beyond reputethecool has a reputation beyond reputethecool has a reputation beyond reputethecool has a reputation beyond reputethecool has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wisden honour not so important: Amir

Pakistan's 19-year-old pacer Mohammad Amir has said that getting his ban lifted and returning to action was more important to him than his name being listed by Wisden Cricketers' Almanack.

"Yes, I have come to know that my name is likely to have been in the list but because of the recent (spot fixing) controversy, it has been omitted. I am indeed disappointed but can't do anything other than repenting. Possibly next time," Amir said from Lahore.

"I am unable to play the game and that is rather more important than not having my name in the Wisden," he said. When reminded him that the "next time" for him might not be before another five years the period Amir, has been suspended from playing the game the player said, "we have filed an appeal in the Court of Arbitration of Sports (CAS) in Switzerland and hopefully I will clear my name."

Wisden usually names Five Cricketers of the Year but this time listed only four. Wisden said that one of the trio was considered for the fifth spot but wasn't included because of the scandal.
Attached Images