View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 10:30 PM
Little Baby

Program / Discipline: Alumni
m_asad786 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tahir Ul Qadri Sajda karvaate huay !þ

I am shocked to see the dreadful manner in which you have uploaded a video on your forum website indulged in character assassination of a prominent religious figure whose services for Islam in multiple fields are recognized and praised and also appreciated by the follows of the late saint Bahadudin Zakriya Multani (RA). I regard it below my dignity and an utter wastage of time to comment on the character assassination, rumour-mongering, misrepresentation and twisting of facts and presentation of half truths

Therefore I would like to protest against your website and would like to urge you to investigate this issue and to remove the video clip and the thread created by the user. The user and the admin should also be removed from the websites.
----------new text added ----------
I can understand that by seeing such video its a natural reaction that one may start thinking what you concluded. But I believe this is our duty in light of Allah's command and Rasool Allah's instructions that we should not scatter any news without proper research. Especially if some news involve respect of any person. And when it comes to an Alim-e-Deen, our duty increases even more.

Here is the Quranic verse I would like to refer:

O Believers! If some wicked person brings you any news, inquire thoroughly into its truth (lest) you should cause (undue) harm to a people unknowingly, and later feel regret for what you have done. (Ch. 49, V. 6)

Similarly there are Hadiths of Rasool Allah (PBUH) suggesting doing research before spreading any news.

So brother, all of us (including myself) should do extreme care before spreading any such news, especially when it is realted to any scholar.

Now coming back to the point. Let me first mention that Dr. Qadri has made this statement very clearly on several occassions that doing sajda to anyone or anything with niyat of ibaadat is 'Kufr', and doing sajda to anyone or anything with niyat of respect is 'haraam'. He condemns and advises those ignorant people who sometimes do sajda of respect to graves of pious people and strictly instruct them that this is haram (or shirk if someone does that with niyat of ibada).

Now in the referenced video, this is one of the very rare occasions when he allowed anyone to kiss his feet feet in respect, and this is allowed in Islam and is proven through Hadith and acts of Sahaba and our Islaaf (including Imam Muslim and Imam Bukhar). Dr. Qadri does not allow anyone to kiss his hands and feet usually and as I mentioned this is one of the very rare occasions this ever happened. It's not that he does not allow it because it is haraam, he just does not allow it because of his humility and humbleness. I've known Dr. Qadri for at least two decades and have attending several events in his presence and I witness that I've never seen him allowing someone kissing his feet ever, again because of his humbleness only, even though it is allowed in Islam.

Now here are some references that shows that kissing hands and feet of elders are allowed in Islam:

First of all, Imam Bukhari's book 'Al Adab Al Mufrad' hadiths 975 through 979 shows us that Sahaba (RA) used to kiss Prophet's (PBUH) hands and feet, and Sahaba (RA) kissed hands and feet of other Sahaba (RA) too.

Here is the video of Dr. Qadri himself explaining these hadiths:

The ruling among the authorites that kissing the hand of the scholar is mustahab is categorically proven by the fact that when Imam Muslims met Imam Bukhari, he desired to kiss not merely his hands but his feet. This was gratuitous behavior on the part of Imam Muslim and display of humbleness and respect by Imam Bukhari who did not allow kissing his feet. But had this been haram, Imam Muslim would not have even demanded that.

Here are some of the articles discussing this in detail and refering to other ahadith and historical facts:

http://miftaahulkhair.wordpress.com/2009/05/13/kissing-the-hands-and-feet-of-pious-people/
http://www.themodernreligion.com/misc/hh/kissingscholarhand.html
http://www.yursil.com/blog/2006/09/kissing-feet-and-prostration/
http://www.ahlus-sunna.com/index..php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58&Itemid=111

We Muslims (in general) have developed a habit of reaching to conclusion without doing any research and that is the reason there are so many problems and misunderstandings have developed among us. We should learnt to respect each other, especially our ulema, even if we may have any difference of opinion with them. Having difference of opinion with any scholar in Islam (whether related to Fiqh or Aqeeda/theology) should not justify us start spreading any bad news about him/her. We Muslims need to learn respecting scholars belonging to all school of thoughts and this would result in respect of us (all Muslims) as one nation.

May Allah give us more knowledge in His path and give us toufeeq to respect our elders and ulemas.

Wassalam,

Last edited by .BZU.; 15-10-2009 at 09:13 PM. Reason: jab next page per reply de rahey hain tu is ko dobara idhar kiyon likha hay...