View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Engineer

Program / Discipline: Agriculture
IM123 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: For Fans of King Khan

SRK, Farah have not 'honoured' their promise: Manoj Kumar

The controversy over spoof on veteran actor-filmmaker Manoj Kumar in Bollywood hit movie "Om Shanti Om" could return to haunt its actor Shah Rukh Khan as Kumar has accused him of "betrayal of trust" by not honouring his 'promise' of deleting the sequence from the movie.

"Shah Rukh had promised to delete the scene from the film when I objected. So many months have passed and he has not honoured his promise. This is nothing but betrayal of trust," Manoj Kumar told PTI here today.

The veteran actor said he complained to filmmaker Yash Chopra about it because it was Chopra who had brought Shah Rukh and director Farah Khan to his house.

SRK and Farah had aplogised to Manoj Kumar and assured him that the scene would be deleted, the noted actor pointed out.

"I have told Yash Chopra about it. This is the only thing I can do," he said while denying reports in a section of the media that he plans to file a defamation suit against the Bollywood superstar.

In a spoof in 'Om Shanti Om', Om, a junior artiste played by SRK, gains entry to a movie premier imitating Manoj Kumar.

When the real Manoj Kumar (a body double of the actor) comes, he is beaten up by security guards.

Moreover, the photograph on his driving license shown by the 'real' Manoj Kumar to the guards is in the actor's trade mark style of covering the face with his hand.