BZU PAGES: Find Presentations, Reports, Student's Assignments and Daily Discussion; Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan

BZU PAGES: Find Presentations, Reports, Student's Assignments and Daily Discussion; Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan (http://bzupages.com/)
-   Daily News And halat-e-hazra (http://bzupages.com/15-daily-news-halat-e-hazra/)
-   -   Acid attack victim Fakhra Younus commits suicide in Italy after 12 years (http://bzupages.com/f15/acid-attack-victim-fakhra-younus-commits-suicide-italy-after-12-years-23462/)

.BZU. 24-03-2012 09:35 PM

Acid attack victim Fakhra Younus commits suicide in Italy after 12 years

6 Attachment(s)
It is quite saddening to learn about the death of Fakhra Younus, an acid attack victim, who made her home in Italy as a “civil unacceptable person” after going through the painful experience. Fakhra put an end to her life by committing suicide this week.

Attachment 29137

Back in 2000, she was attacked by her husband Bilal Khar (ex-MPA of the Punjab Assembly and the son of Pakistani Politician Ghulam Mustafa Khar), who spilled acid on her face after they split up. She stated: “It was a Sunday afternoon (2:30pm, May 14, 2000)
and I was asleep in my drawing room when I heard Bilal’s voice, ‘Fakhra … Fakhra wake up!’ I jerked as he held me by my hair and opened my mouth. Because I resisted he couldn’t get me to swallow. But then he threw something on me. At first I thought it was
a joke. I did not understand what had happened to me. Then he left, so I ran after him. My house was on the second floor and by the time I got to the first floor, I realized I could not see,”

Fakhra was a resident of Karachi’s red-light area, the infamous Napier Road. She met Bilal Khar, in 1998. They developed six-month-long courtship and finally ended up tying the knot. The marriage was strongly opposed by his father, feudal lord. However,
the couple moved to Lahore where Fakhira was told about Bilal’s previous three marriages. She was taken aback and this was how the tussle between the two raised head. She spent three years with his husband and then moved back to her parental home. Bilal insisted
her not to leave and stay with her but Fakhra had had enough till then.

Almost one week after her departure, Bilal arrived at her home and punished her for the having the courage to leave him. It was the horrendous act, which changed the entire life of Fakhira. She lost her beauty and became the ugly queen of clay. The acid
melted her face. Meanwhile, Tehmina Durrani, the former step mother of Bilal Khar, took Fakhira in her custody and gave her the hope to get along. Fakhira was sent to Italy for treatment, where
she had 39 reconstructive surgeries. At last she commits suicide after 12 years of very hard life.

Massarat Misbah meanwhile, has defended her organisation and proclaimed her innocence saying that the accusations are part of a smear campaign launched by disgruntled business partners in Pakistan.

Fakhra’s sister and brother-in-law still reside in Karachi, while her mother has passed away. Bilal Khar reportedly lives in Multan with his fifth wife, the niece of the prime minister of Azad Kashmir. He remains a free man.

Attachment 29138

Attachment 29139

Attachment 29140

Attachment 29141

Attachment 29142